This week, CALIFORNIA LIVING® host Aprilanne Hurley dishes how to be “super healthy & fit” on ION Television with the 2014 CALIFORNIA LIVING® Super Health & Fitness Special revealing the inside look at easy ways you can start living a longer, healthier and happier life starting immediately. If this sounds to good to be true, you owe it to yourself to “Find out why it’s just more fun…living in California™” by tuning in to CALIFORNIA LVING® this week for the inside look at:
- The Party Girl Diet’s new Super Abs Playbook Workout
- The CALIFORNIA LVING® Countdown of “Fun & Easy Calorie Burners”
- Safeway Culinary Kitchens Executive Chef Jeff Anderson’s easy summer entertaining ideas – with “fresh produce” taking center stage.
- Cooking with super foods and much more…
Tune in Tuesday, Aug. 5 and Thursday, Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:30 a.m. for the insider’s guide on all of the above PLUS learn “how to pick the perfect watermelon” with Art Perry of George Perry and Sons on-location at his family watermelon farm in Manteca Calif., plus score summer entertaining ideas and an inside look at the easy no-cook recipes below using local, fresh, “super healthy,” watermelon in celebration of “National Watermelon Day,” Aug. 3, 2014 compliment of of Safeway Culinary Kitchens Executive Chef Jeff Anderson:
Watermelon with Balsamic, Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper (Pictured above)
Recipe Courtesy of Safeway
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- 12 large cut cubes of fresh watermelon, peeled and cut into cubes approximately 11/2 inches in size
- 2 tablespoon Safeway SELECT® Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tablespoon O Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch Sea salt
- Pinch Fresh Ground Black pepper
- 12 Bamboo Toothpicks
- Arrange prepared watermelon onto large platter.
- Mix vinegar and olive oil together, spoon over top of watermelon.
- Season with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Insert a toothpick into each watermelon cube and serve.
This is a fabulous no-cook recipe to add the fresh taste of summer to all your picnics, BBQ’s and pool parties. Everyone will love this easy and delicious watermelon recipe, which calls for fresh cubed watermelon and other readily available “fresh produce” that can be served as a salsa dip (pictured at left) as well as used as a “fresh produce” topping for:
- Grilled meats and chicken
- Summer Salads
- Baked and grilled seafood